Saturday, November 6, 2021

Written In The Sun

In Yemen, many school buildings have collapsed
due to bombings and these students have to
take their exams outside.
Photo Courtesy: UNHCR

Here I sit

Like I don't give a pin

And if the sun beat on me

No hard feelings

I'll convert the heat

Into inner energy

I got thick skin

I got big dreams

That spills its brim

My dreams got wings

I feed its string

By what I believe

I defied COVID

My resolve defined solid

The outbreak

Put a major glitch in the game

Took the icing off the cake

I won't settle for half-baked

So I straddled my circumstance

While maintaining my distance

I'm writing my exams

Sitting out here on the sand

Like a literate Shazam

With his literary clan

I couldn't walk

And so I crawled

But life goes on

My flame burns

Brighter than the sun

And I won't stop

I got a tight hold

On the reins of tomorrow

I am not going to let go

I'll run hurdles into the ground

And reemerge wearing the crown.


Akpan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!