Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Run To Tomorrow

Sophie. When she fled her home all she took was her
clothes and her science textbook.
Photo Courtesy: UNHCR

I had that feeling down

Deep in my immortal soul

It wasn't a time for waiting around

It was time to run to tomorrow

I didn't just get out of town

I was chasing after my goals

I grabbed my science textbook

My future looked

Brightest as my world shook

And tumbled over

Knowledge is power

As girls love flowers

But I wanted not power

As a gift

So I chose a paradigm shift

I'll do what it takes

So when the world shakes

And the dam breaks

I'll be down to ride

The vehicle of change

Education saves lives

And equips with wings to fly

Knowledge acquired

Cannot be reversed

Knowledge's required

To change the universe

With a test tube on my right

And bigger fish to fry

I live by the book

I thrive by the book

I navigate every nook

I'm off the hook

From a camp to the lab

From the lab to the map

If you can do the math

I believe in school

Cause ain't no handouts for a fool.


Akpan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!