Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Metamorphic

This verse is a tribute to this legendary ladies and
gentlemen who refused to be reduced by their
circumstances


I can be changed

But only for the better

I may be estranged

From things that made me bitter

But I'm never embittered

I may fall

But the event of my fall

Doesn't make the call

Because I paid the cost

To call the shots

Fear doesn't make the cut

Tho it tames my gut

I will pull it off

When the going gets tough

I can be changed

By the pressures of pain

But I will not downgrade

I may get struck down

To the very ground

Still I'll rise on each count

I may be persecuted

But God's plans will be executed

I may battle the devil

But I will fear no evil

I may have nothing

But I will beg for nothing

I'll keep on living abundantly

I may seem abandoned

But I got sweet communion

Pure joy is my weapon

I'm not intimidated by tribulations

I got the victory that overcomes

I can be changed

But nothing can alter my faith

Or lower my position

I am not my situation

I'm no slave of delusions

I can be changed

My life can be rearranged

But I will not be reduced

I refuse

To settle for refuse

My potential will pop a fuse

Cause true hope's my Refuge

In the midst of deluge

I can be changed

By what happens to me

Cause thru change

The impossible is achieved

I believe in change

Nothing stays the same.


Akpan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!