Thursday, November 4, 2021

The Sky Is Mine

9-year old Modu fled violence and resides in a IDP camp
in Nigeria and even there he dares to claim the skies
for his own. He dreams of becoming an aircraft engineer.
Photo Courtesy: UNHCR

I'm that fly

On the wall

But I bite

Like a bug

And hang on tight.

From the North

But not dumb

Like those bomb-

Tossing thugs

On second thought,

I'm the bomb

But I floss

For a better world

My story's yet untold

But I'll be bold

When I explode

On the scene

On a jet plane

You just watch me

I'm staring down the fuselage

In my turbo dreams

Twin jet engines blasting

Spread-eagled on twin wings

Of my brainchild

As I shoot for the friendly skies.

I can't wait to get off the ground

And ride the brow

Of the clouds

Today a refugee

Tomorrow a prodigy

I'm leaving on a jet plane

I'm coming back never again.


Akpan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!