Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 29: Soulforce

Photo: bhs.rcs.k12.tn.us

When you hit that personal terminal
All your wishes and hopes rush at you like wild animals.
You can even reach out and touch your dream.
Cause yeah, it becomes literally and practically animated.
There is a captivating fact about reaching destination;
It's a definition of the individual void of inessential interruption.
It’s the turning point of an entire life, the power of a billion suns
At your fingertips; the climax of fulfillment on the fringes of your mind.
Cause you have thru fear and trembling, gained a customized paradise.
As you wade in the water, the sensation gets you high,
You observe meaning in the dark side of the moon.
You have arrived and rivers of tranquility cuddle and pamper you.

Everybody falls for something at some point in the race of life.
It might dock you on a peaceful shore or haul in the storms of strife.
Still nobody dares deny the evidence of that special something; inspired
Just about the size of a morsel of desire,
That ignites your passion and overrides your senses like a consuming fire
Giving verve to your dreams and on rare occasions, exhibiting
A knack for running along and rendering you disarmed and incomplete.
I have stumbled on the verge of discovery
The surprising thing is I was slighted by the cause of searching.
What is it I search for?
That my soul will not exist but fall for?
If I am to nail it at every turn of the road, I cannot tell for sure.

But I must continue searching though it brings me to my knees.
Because it burns within my heart like hot embers, impossible to resist.
Once again, I’m headed down the long and winding itinerary,
The place where desire is born, not knowing exactly what I might find,
Yet determined to never give it up until I bind.
Because the tragedy is not to die but to be wasted.
No other ill could more effectively root on a crippled life.
I have pasted my ears to eternity and I wear my heart like a bracelet.



Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!