Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 27: Conceit


Photo: chalkboardquotes.wordpress.com
A single road forked in a yellowed wood,
The unfolding read like a mellow book
For the visually impaired.
Open secrets are designed to trap all existing without a care.
So I pick up the pieces of the puzzles of the life
I discarded on my path to strife.
And I count my losses,
As I get off my high horses.
Retribution
Will be the reward of all machinery of persecution.
I lay down my baton
Like a beat up penitentiary warden
And pick up my courage,
Ammunition and a multiplication of soulja rage.
Now on the streets, everybody that see me
They really wanna be me, cause the degree
Of the set of ideals I accomplish
Are exotic treasures to relish.
A breath in the wind
Is the measure of the adversary’s wit.
I pull myself together, like a dose of forever
And straddle momentum like a speedometer.
My reality speaks like an oracle
Forcing eternity to pierce the temporal with its tentacle.
In a most profound way,
It inspires thoughts of better days.
I have compromised the vanity of people-hating
For the exquisite beauty of ingenuity;
I was born of desperate fury;
A seed of the poetic glory.
My triumph will invent a unique existence,
And tear up every wall of resistance.
In a nutshell,
The days of my life will amaze, will daze
Like a fairytale’s spell.



Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!