Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 24: Broken Chains

Photo: tewalkerjr.com


Self-deceit is a foulmouthed teller of lies.
I am one to tell since I been thoroughly baptized
Into the order of his unfortunate fellowship.
And I’ve been duly done in by surface relationships.
Cause I been
Racing against walls by all means invisible,
Tripping over rocks that were remotely mental,
So eventually I got unstable
By leaning my strength on things inconsequential.
Erratic tendencies
Been the bane of my struggles, from my spot on a ledge facing the future,
The past returns to haunt me like the hordes of nemesis.
You tell me, what soul suffers a seizure
At the invasion of delectable ecstasies?
My mind is all worked up
At the very instance of peace;
I hear the voices of the storm
In the perfect center of tranquility.
I conquer wars
Only to fuss over a battle,
Tilting at windmills
As easily startled as cattle.
I searched for answers in winds
That cooked up a tempest in a teacup.
My entire faculty experiences disequilibrium
Cause it’s taunted by a faceless, nameless crowd.
But all the while broken chains is all…
I know how stupid that sound
But broken chains is all…
Though, my mind still argues against it now,
I know beyond a doubt
Broken chains is all that held me bound.

And it’s straight out o’ the horse’ mouth,
Broken chains is all that held me down.



Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!