Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 5: Picture

Aster d'automne...!!!
Photo courtesy: Denis Collette...!!!
To paint a picture
You must master yourself;
Anticipate the esteem your personality will fetch ya.
You require a set of principles that will divide bone from flesh.
Every morning as I step across my bedroom’s threshold into the day
I’m quietly, brushing on the canvas of reality an impression:
This is who I am; I’m making an introduction.
I’m etching the memory of me into the memory of existence.
My dream is to steer my course clear of wanton distractions
And turn the vessel in towards harbor thro the itinerary of elegance.
To etch a name on the marble of time
Implies to awaken into joyous daybreak from a long, terrible night.
The first opening of the eyelids is a decision between life and death.
You experience triumph in every intake of breath
Cause you unveiled the purpose of individuality.

To paint a picture
You need much more than a white sheet of paper;
You require an in-depth knowledge of culture.
To paint a picture is to become a shape-shifter.
You must reach beyond who you are and bind with a new nature.
I often sit and around and ponder
How much my life has evolved thro the years,
The tests which have come and made me stronger.
I’m a variety of a man who has curbed his fears.
I haven’t been crippled by what’s happened to me.
But I’ve changed, mutated; I’ve been made better.
Life has not treated me fair but I take everything it deals
In my stride. I gotta keep going one way or the other.

To paint a picture
Take it one day at a time, test the waters, test the texture.
One thing is needful. Fairly run-of-the-mill to be dismissed
As trite. I have grappled with the nature of my destiny;
It’s a delight being myself, I have realized.
And every time I take a step I seek to express the I.
This is all I live for; to achieve, to obtain, to become.
To advertize the person I am as brand,
To promote the content of my character as an item to live for.
Life can be sweet and beautiful and grand.
It’s what I tell myself
And I try to make myself see why I’m in the middle of it.
This is a world I created straight off the shelf
This is sole reason it’s a pleasure to bleed.

To paint a picture
Is to grapple with what men have grappled with for ages;
To come to inevitable outcomes and still find grace to conquer.
You have to make sacrifices and feel your way thro unique stages
Of change as you erase obstacles and erect a standard.
I am who I am because I set my face like flint.
I’ve been feeling so good playing by my own rules
Each morning the sun rises to witness in my eyes a glint;
It’s the miracle that I am; I’ve got nothing else to prove.

To paint a picture
You must define the difference between what is real and what’s unseen.
You must streamline the consequences; align faith with adventure.
Make every stroke of the brush count. Match it with your heartbeat.
Take your time, survey your environment, immerse yourself in your creativity.
You got this one shot, break new grounds like Picasso.
Keep in mind who you are, let it guide your choice of tone

To paint a picture
Is to define your essences and illustrate your existence
As a conscious deliberate, life-altering process,
It signifies to unravel the simple, minuscule precedents
And convert these into the most enchanting, glamorous moments.
This is the picture each individual is committed to create on life’s canvas.
One brush, one painter, one canvas, one landscape. It’s not math,
It’s a spiritual thing; a state of mind, like traveling with a compass.

I paint a picture
With every step I take, I aim for the portals of the future.
If the details of my life were writ in water,
I’ll freeze it up and create carvings like hieroglyphs on the Rosetta.
I am the image of One far exquisite than everything the earth has to offer;
I rep this Entity, my every action denounce His unflawed character.
When I smile I’m saying, “I can take this.”
I feel élan course thro and I know I can handle this.
All God’s creations surrounding me form the background of the painting.
My heart is strong; I’m equipped to write my own story.



Akpan



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!