Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 21: 1,000 Walls

Photo: daytobeyou.com
1,000 walls
Complected and aligned side to side
Could not cripple my intellectual function,
Neither flush the fire in my fight.
I am a rage, who is hyperventilating,
My dream is a doped up athlete that’s a-running.

My path is flooded with everlasting light.
Like a river overflowing its bank,
Plus, there is no ebb in my tide.
I set my radar and even if it be on a plank
I will make it to the other side,
I’m crossing over the deluge of impossibilities.

Then I will morph my solitary fantasy
Into a million stunning realities.
Persecuted to perfection,
Emancipated from soul corruption,
My faculty is alienated from random contradiction.
I have been ransomed by the challenges I’ve gone through;

Redeemed from the clutches of mortal damage
To be reinvented from raw stuff with brand new tissue.
My entire system illuminated, my senses engaged.
Fervor mutating from fear,
Uncertainty conceiving courage to dare,
Fading luster, daunted hopes, stunted faith,

And pain magnified, all worked in mysterious ways
To resurrect a phoenix from his pile of ashes.
A special delivery from emissaries of grace
Distributing sheaves of goodness in deliberate flashes.
I am tomorrow’s today,
What else could I say?

I produce a shine that blinds the sun;
I am a hereafter that exhales through an offed past;
I am like the weed which develops buds to blossom
Roses straight out from a concrete’s crack.
I am a cool cup of water in scorching heat;
I am a practical phenom who defies analytic thinking.

I am like a moment of bliss that keeps up unceasing;
I am rage engulfed by passion;
I am a raw, deep emotion.
I am originality walking, breathing in the flesh of man
This is who I am,
It is all I could ever hope to be or have.



Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!