Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day 14: Two-Syllabled Word

Photo: sistersnotdesigners.com

Hello.
You take my hand and to me, it means the entire world.
How many lives have been rearranged by the magic it holds?
A word is all it takes to initialize friendship bonded by affection.
Then you mutter one of the most beautiful things human lips can articulate
And for all my struggles and pain this solitary word will commensurate.
It comes on a breath of fresh air; by special delivery.

Hello.
And a gush of pleasant imagery fills my mind before it busts the periphery.
As I whisper it to you, the light in your eyes really glows.
Together, we visualize the enactment of an association that will prevail,
It falls soft as a plume and disintegrates the ice with the stroke of a hammer.
There is a renewal of conviction and a promise of better days,
Everything in nature dances; beauty bursts forth in uncanny aura.

Hello.
The gift of a warm blanket when men are ravaged by cold.
How the dulcet sound flows with grace up a lung inspired by love,
Two syllables, five letters, one word.
We can make it do what it do when we collide;
When two soul forces combine to create a mutual resource.
And when feelings click, we can create in the North Pole our own summertime.

Hello.
Such a simple, silly word you may think it to be
Yet, it conveys all the warmth and delight of home.
I dare not speak it when you ain’t present or it may be but vanity.
Here’s the one which brings the meaning to 1,000 more.
You prick up my ears and get my consciousness hyped up
When you intrude my personal space at the mention of that special word.

Hello;
Can I share your pain? It seems to say.
Can I travel with you down the long and winding road?
Let me hold your hand and point the way.
Hello.
Will you be my guide when the darkness comes out to play?
When the world leaves, will you stray?



Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!