Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 9: Last Breath


Photo: xawatifx.deviantart.com

Before my last breath puffs me across the threshold;
Before corporeal beauty decompose’
Before I shut my eyes in death
After I’ve spun my last thread.
Before I breach the bounds of my earthly days;
Before I finish my race.
Before mortality is swallowed up by immortality;
Before I taste the first day of eternity.
Before my veins collapse
And my sleep outlasts
My waking indefinitely.
Before my soul traverses infinitely.

Before I see God as a tried and true specimen.
Before Kingdom Come, before the epitaph of sentiment.
Before this flesh is six feet deep
In that place where honey is no longer sweet.
Before the point of no retreat
Where I no longer deserve the pleasure of wit
To survive on this impermanent terrain.
Before I’m MIA from earth’s surface.
Before my last breath,
I’m gonna breach the breadth of creativity’s depth.



Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!