Thursday, April 12, 2012

Coded



Can you picture my odyssey?
Ride beyond all the hallucin’?
Cause these are days of retribution;
Anarchy’s a trifling institution.

Gotta plunge the blades of a hunting knife
Straight down the guts of strife.
But meanwhile,
I spy the hordes of change beating a path
Down to my doorstep.
Pass me the world I’ll take it in my stride
And ride till you see the pride in my step.

Does it look like I’m playing to you?
Sorry, you haven’t got a clue.

Stand around.
Things are gonna start dropping in this town
Cause I’m running ignorance down.
Oppose me if you dare.
About time someone got to believing
Ain’t waiting for no handouts gotta git moving.
I keep pressin’,
Circumstances trying to break me,
Popular opinion irritating me.
But I feel the rush of adrenaline to the head.

Bet you was thinking I wouldn’t come again, dude.
Well, I’m sorry, you haven’t got a clue.

I flaunt patience when dealing with gentlemen
But I flush sentiments.
I got dreams of the mountaintop
And I won’t be back until I hit my call.
Life’s a marathon
Gotta be the runner overdosing on spunk.
I’m a pro
And this one’s for the show.
Gotta run this lil circus outa town,
Put you on a real hero shakedown.

Guess what else I’m about to do?
Oops! I’m sorry, you haven’t got a clue.



Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!