Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Battlefield




I’ll have my destiny, if you please:
Not an open sesame,
But that unique individuality
Born of Divinity’s ingenuity.
If it leads me thro’ valley dark n’ deep
Or pastures green with peace
Well, that’s just on more detail
Riding hard on my back trail.
Nevertheless, I want my destiny.

I know there’s a race
I was born to finish.
I can almost feel
The glory of the calling I was born to fulfill.
It’s got the irresistible pull
Of a mission yet incomplete.
I will not be satisfied
Until I breach the finish line.
There’s a destiny,
There’s no denying it,
I was created to accomplish.
Without this I won’t be established.

I’m sick n’ tired of running with the pack,
I’m pulling through for something deeper.
I’m reaching for the mystery behind the cloud;
I want a unique destiny.
I’m not settling for no two-bit hypocrisy
And I damn ain’t quitting on me.
If time wraps up eternity
Until I lay hold on the immortal
Then don’t take it personal.
I ain’t afraid of what my future holds
If my fate is really what destiny molds.

Don’t tell me it ain’t all that
If it’s mine
You bet I want it bad.
Fools may sashay the rose-strewn path,
I guess it’s their birthright but I don’t play that.
I got the strength of character
To risk my balls and get my life on point.
I want my destiny,
I want the meanest particle;
I want to write my history,
Pencil the least article.
I want to bust forth from within the shadow
Riding inspiration’s neck as he rushes from bone to marrow;
Quickening the spirit to the soul,
Working the tissues as one complete whole.

I want to sink my roots into the sands of purposefulness
And I gatto reach out with my branches to welcome the fullness.
As I stem the course of my existence on the walls of fame
Driven by a fiery forge of faith.
Let me chart my fate.
Here I stay in this place
Seeking to know as I’m known.
But not likely when my heart is cold.
I want to be obsessed by my destiny
And my destiny possessed by me.
Excuse me, if I sound a bit cut up
It’s the things that define me that’s bottled up
By the codes of etiquette;
And the plugs that make me tick are splayed
As Thomas Copycat’s buffet.

That’s why I want a fiery destiny;
A map for life charted in hell’s basement,
Tested by fire and found unwanting.
I am decided I will be reconciled to my soul mate;
Lock hands with my identity and go out blazing.
This raw feel within, broiling
Rushing intense conviction sick for release
By the touch of destiny.
If I gatto give a life time,
Sooner or later, the blood always hits the wall,
I’ll offer it up with delight.
Who I will be I will be, somehow;
I want my destiny, anyhow.



Akpan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!