Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sick n' Tired




Sick n’ tired of being the joke,
Sick n’ tired of being the voice reduced to a stutter.
I’m sick n’ tired of being sick n’ tired:
I’m sick n’ tired of being told to step aside
While they mortalize
My dreams and aspirations before my eyes.
I’m sick n’ tired of watching from the sidelines
While premature gladiators claim the high prize.
I’m sick n’ tired of being afraid of tomorrow.
I’m sick n’ tired of holding it down solo;
I gatto make a break
Cause I’m sick n’ tired of being the mistake.
I am sick n’ tired of whining;
Sick n’ tired of crying;
Sick n’ tired of not tryin’.
I’m sick of unwinning;
Tired of failing;
Sick of falling;
Tired of stalling.

I’m sick of society’s ills making me sick
That I’m getting all tired out for being so sick.
I’m sick n’ tired of all this down-talking.
I’m so sick of it I’m gonna start walking.
I’m sick n’ tired of all this hating;
I’m sick n’ tired of all this playing;
I’m sick of picking up the rear in the pick up line,
I’m sick n’ tired I gatto git mine.
I’m sick n’ tired working my butt raw for nuthin’
I’m sick n’ tired of peanuts for a genuine thang.
I’m sick n’ tired of being pushed to the wall;
I’m sick n’ tired the hell it’s last straw.
I’m sick n’ tired of the tooth-fairy
I’m tired n’ talk-wary.

I’m sick n’ tired of living a fairytale
While reality sips cocktail.
I’m death sick of time and chance
It’s high time I made that advance
Cause I’m tired of living under the circumstance.
I’m tired of being the solitary reaper
Of the entire hood’s wild oats;
I’m sick n’ tired of the damn dilemma,
I’m sick n’ peeved n’ tired n’ fed up of being life’s scapegoat.
I’m sick n’ tired of people staring at me like what’s he all about?
I’m sick n’ tired of all this mess;
I’m sick n’ tired of this stress.
So, I’m done with failing,
Paths divided, I set sail off the shores of hard luck.
I’m headed east to the land of the sun.

I’m sick of stallin’
Set my gear in motion
I’m about to walk the Atlantic Ocean.
I’m sick n’ tired of waitin’
I’m throwin’ caution to the wind;
Making my debut.
I’m tired being bedfellows with regret.
I equip myself with mental kung fu;
Set my radar n’ pump the acceleration;
Play my position;
Align my locus.

Am I sick n’ tired of idling.
I’m going to take a walk, right?
The crows just lost their roosting spot.
I’m a be the light
Gatto let you in on it, I’m taking the torch.
I’m so sick n’ tired of status quo;
I’m so sick n’ tired of sticking to the code;
I’m going nuclear on level sub-zero.
Take this one time and get inspired
Do the right thin’ I shoulda done a long time ago;
I’m a rewrite my story, set myself up as the hero
Cause I’m sick hell, I’m tired.



Akpan
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!