Saturday, April 14, 2012

Eyes on the Prize (I)




I fall upon the thorns of life
And my senses dim as hypnotized.
But for those obstinate questionings
That released the springs within me,
The paradise I cherish in my dreams
Would be the illusion of a Greek necessity.
Call it mutual paradox
And let loose the dogs of war.
Polemics is killing me.
Between omega and infinity,
My soul traverses independently.

Can you picture a sparrow
Slicing the air at the speed of an arrow?
My attitude
Is the bedrock of a champion’s hypothesis.
Opposition’s got no clue
All wound up like helixes.
My special affinity
To lethal lyrical dexterity
Put the thrust in my mobility,
Set me up in a big way;
Placed me on top of the game.

Now I play
In the wrath of a menace.
My rage
Is the register of a blast furnace.
I’m after the last badge of victory
In which the burden of the mystery
Is glorified
By the blessings of sacrifice.

The world keeps waiting for a surprise;
A non-relapsing evidence of soul-surrender,
A role-model who survived the slaying of the Egyptian.
Pain
Only puts the fuel on my rage
Cause it can’t stall me.

In the niche of the rarest depth of prosperity,
I engage the fiercest adversity.
My battles unleash me
Into a realm of unspoken seductions.
Before I reached my destination,
My destiny comes through
To replenish the times like the morning dew.
I keep my head up in the skies,
I keep my eyes on the prize.



Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!