Sunday, April 1, 2012

Peanuts



Inspired by Dr. George Washington Carver


Step out in style,
My face in the sky,
I got what it takes; 300 talents hyperbolized.
20-20 vision
I am a revelation in motion.
No illusions
Just the upward acceleration.
Armed and dangerous
From my bones to the marrow;
From my soul to my shadow.
I’m hitting the world with gats and styles
And here is the artillery I possess:
Peanuts!

I’m a menace to mediocrity;
I am the prologue to 3rd world superiority.
Ain’t no mistakin’ it: I am loaded with ingenuity.
Faith, my basic mobility!
Stand back and watch
Cause, I’m scorching the porch
I’m blazing like a torch.
Things falling apart
Ain’t nuthin’ ruffle this fella with a heart.
Nobody promised the road was gonna be a breeze
But sheez! It’s so easy I can hardly believe it.
I finally could rest at ease with…
Peanuts!

No static;
I apply drastic tactics
Purpose-heavy like a fully loaded automatic.
I am the architect of my destiny
Waging wars without a silver spoon;
Bowing down every high thing defies my identity.
No wonder they call me the miracle!
I triumph and make opposition a spectacle.
My history is as lyrical as a Broadway musical.
I am the Atom Ant;
The harder they come . . . I drop ‘em like elephants
And with a sheer handfuls of…
Peanuts!

My inventiveness is unmatched genius.
If I can’t have the world passed up on a silver platter
I guess I’m just gonna have to take it!
I am Shorty Butter with a better buttered batter.
They say life is strung all out
Still ain’t trippin’ for nuthin’ ain’t no boy scout!
Ya’ll can call me suicidal cause I’m a believer.
Strap on my backpack. Grab my handful of peanuts.
Here I go hitchhiking on a powder keg
Cause the storm has spent its force
And a winner’s never known to give up.
That would be me with my underestimated…
Peanuts!

That’s what they called the faith of this ghetto kid
Cause each to each declared that I was born not to make it.
Well, did I prove them wrong?
Oh yeah. This ghetto kid battled the fiercest of lions;
I conquered the darkness of the dungeon
Cause I chose to rut on my feet
Than flunk a unique destiny on my knees.
Propelled thro a portal of expectancy
To a dimension where the triumphant is legendary.
It’s hard to imagine all I had was peanuts.
And no thanks to the crowd bleating, ‘You can’t.’
But the voice within came thro screaming, ‘I can!’

Beats the pants off all they conceived
The miracle I’ve so far achieved
To guess what it was with I accomplished:

Peanuts!


Akpan
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!