Friday, April 20, 2012

Ain't Dead Yet





I ain’t finished with me, yet.
I ain’t a loser yet,
I ain’t giving up yet,
I would be back yet,
And I ain’t dead yet.

I ain’t a conqueror yet,
I ain’t a master yet,
I ain’t there yet,
I ain’t that dynamite yet,
Ain’t the prototype success story yet,
I ain’t a unique specimen, yet;
I ain’t fulfilled a destiny, yet.
But I will.
Just watch me
Cause, I ain’t dead, yet.

I ain’t that star piercing the dark clouds, yet,
I ain’t achieved 300 inventions with a
Handful of peanuts, yet.
I ain’t hitting newspaper headlines, yet;
I ain’t trending on twitter, yet.
I ain’t on the dream team, yet.
I ain’t wrestled a black nation from inequality, yet.
I ain’t scored my first World Cup goal, yet.
I ain't made it to the mountaintop, yet;
I ain’t slain my Goliaths yet;
I’m even short on rocks for my sling.
I ain’t on a world class record crew, yet;
I ain’t been to the ends of the world, yet;
I ain’t seen the rainbow’s end, yet,
Sheez, I ain’t got a dime to begin with.
I ain’t six feet under just yet;
I ain’t dead, yet.

I ain’t the man in the mirror, yet,
I ain’t the strength of a worm, yet;
I ain’t a prisoner-turned-prime minister yet.
I ain’t a Zwelinzima, yet;
I ain’t who I seek to be, yet,
But I ain’t tripping, you bet
I ain’t dead, yet.

I ain’t taught a soul to fly, yet;
I ain’t on top of the world, yet;
I ain’t broken a record, yet;
I ain’t slain my Egyptian, yet;
The cloud’s moving but my stuff ain’t packed, yet.
I ain’t the beauty of the earth, yet,
I ain’t the black pimpernel, yet.
I ain’t a celebrity, yet;
I ain’t the shining coal, yet;
I ain’t a Nobel laureate, yet.
I ain’t on the winning side, yet.
I ain’t the African dream, yet;
I ain’t the future of the world, yet.
I ain’t counting blessings, yet.
Guess, I haven’t written my Same Song
Recital, I gatto floss against all odds
Or I just ain’t dying on me, yet.

I ain’t that superstar, yet;
I ain’t the greatest, yet;
I ain’t written my Godfather, yet.
I ain’t History, yet,
I ain’t the voice of a dying nation, yet;
I ain’t survived a civil war to invent
The fastest calculating machine, yet;
You can bet your life on it, I ain’t done yet.
I ain’t getting me limited by popular opinion, yet;
I ain’t crippled by status quo, yet.
Even World War 3 ain’t a threat.
If before I achieve, my body hits the cemetery,
Don’t turn the page and close the book, yet;
I’m coming back after they bury me;
I ain’t dead, yet.



Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!