Sunday, April 11, 2021

Remainder Three

Dr. Maya Angelou
Photo Courtesy: harpersbazaar.com


Full of hope

I dare to grope

Cause I know the ropes,

I believe love'll lay down the stopes.

I see no pitfalls

That you n' I can't recall.

I'm reaching out for you

And I know you're reaching out too,

Your gaze thru my eyes' piercing

All of my fears you're melting. 

We zeroing in on hate,

It's been trending of late.

With this faith,

We'll run this Coup

And our expectations will rendezvous.

We were made for each other,

To build back better,

With compassion and passion

And with a measure of style.

Use love as an action word

And we'll stifle guile.

We have only one job,

One duty to our neighbor;

To love and belove.

Against these there is no law.

Love breaks down walls

It sticks closer

Than a brother

Love is stronger

Than death and lasts longer.

To top that, love is free.

Now there abides these three:

Faith, hope and love.

But the greatest of these is

Love.


Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!