Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Sheaves

Photo Courtesy: UNHCR (@refugees)


I have hope

In the salvation of Yemen

I have hope

That it's gon' ripen like stamen

I see 'em transforming caskets

Into abundant food baskets.

I Believe in a second coming,

I believe in second wind,

Joy comes in the morning

Yemen's fields are turning green.

We go with them bearing seeds

Sowing their tomorrow's in grief

Doubtless coming again with rejoicing

Bringing in the sheaves.

I have hope

That as they climb this steep slope

They gon' be handed a lifeline,

A life-saving rope

That keeps their mission in line.

I have a living hope

That today and for always,

Yemen will dwell in plenty.

Thank God for the Happy Days.

Hand-in-hand we'll arrive

At that destination full of hope

Hope springing high

Hope that keeps on gifting hope.


Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!