Thursday, April 1, 2021

'I Can't Breathe'

Police Officer (dismissed) Derek Chauvin had his
knee on George Floyd's (deceased) neck for
nine minutes. All that time,  Floyd kept pleading,
'I can't breathe' 27 times. 


I can't breathe

Molten hate is choking my lungs

Lots mo than the pressure your knee

Applies to my neck, my eyes is tear-stung, 

I'm foaming at my mouth

My vision's going south

I can't breathe

Don Williams called 911 on a cop.

He's of a different breed.

Aside, three more bum cops

Stood by and cheered Chauvin on. 

My lifeline breaking outta my body by now

I'm whispering, 'l can't breathe' no sound

My hands cuffed behind my back

Head slapped down to the slab

Cranking the pressure on my neck like

He's out for a kill this Chauvinist slime

I'm pleading, 'I can't breathe' 27 times

'He can't breathe,'

I hear bystanders helping me plead. 

It's a $20 kill

My tobacco bill.

I can't breathe

My face' drained of all color,

Chauvin won't let me breathe

Please, God

Make 'em angels hold the door for me

My life's bought at a fee. 

I can't breathe

And it's tragic

My limbs are numb like in the arctic.

Somebody's reaching out for me

Still I can't breathe

They checking my pulse

They says, 'No pulse.'

I'm still in here you punks.

I can't breathe

They bring a stretcher

God, why a stretcher?

Seems they all waiting for me to die

So they y'all paint me 'angry black guy.'

Let the EMT lady

Do her EMTing, baby.

All this for a $20 bill?

Can you see why I can't breathe?

Chauvin, was you sympathy broke?

Or it's just cause ima colored bloke?

All I needed's some smoke

And that's reason enough to choke?

I can't breathe

    can't breathe

            breathe.


Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!