Friday, April 30, 2021

Just Do It

Adam Toledo


Officer, please don't kill me

I got human blood flowing

Like a stream thru my veins.

Ignore the darkness of my skin,

I didn't choose the cosmic paint.

Please don't kill me

I'm a member of humanity

I invoke your empathy

So what I'm out shopping

Late nights, man I ain't a kid

My mama ain't tucking me in.

Kill me in my sleep

Will ya? Like I'm Breonna T.

With bullet counts running up to six.

Please don't kill me

I'll stop in traffic for ya

All I got's my air freshener

And still your bullets penetrate me

Now my son's gon' be raised

By his grandma.

All I am is erased

I'll never again change his diaper.

Please don't kill me

I'm having my birthday party

And ima getting naughty

Not bad for a seven-year old baby.

Please don't kill me

I heard your footfalls chasing,

Your yap is orders spitting,

I'm spent running and turning

I'm reaching for the sky, my hands empty,

You're foul-mouthed n' cussing.

You run up to me and start pumping

Slugs into my body

I am unarmed then falling

Down I'm dying

The design on my shirt saying,

Just Do It.


Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!