Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Champion's Pledge

Courtesy: Twitter


March ahead

Tho the trail be dead

And your feet heavy as lead.

And when you chance that ledge

You take the Champion's Pledge:

“I won't turn back

My fight will not slack

I will march ahead

Or it's face down dead.

I'm fearing no man,

I'm not worried about anything

Even if I'm the last man

Left I'm still standing.”

Go march on oppression

Retreat's out of the question.

March down the walls of Jericho

And stand on the ruins of its portico

And declare victory

In the midst of adversity.

March ahead

Don't ever be caught dead

Slandering the progress

Of a fallen pilgrim.

Genuine resistance is ruthless

Tomorrow shall never be grim

Just believe

This march will birth reality

As a concrete dream.


Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!