Monday, April 12, 2021

I'm Not Fearing Any Man

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Photo Courtesy: The King Center


I have seen the Promised Land

It's beauty is beyond grand

I have seen the streams

That make glad,

The fields flow with milk n' honey.

I have seen pastures

Lean, mean, green, inviting adventures

Glistening with milk-dew moistures,

Lilies of the valley

Adorn the landscape to boost the tally.

I have seen people

Of every nation with no exception

Thriving cause unity has become a staple

Breeding epic harmony

Cultivating its true meaning.

And I have seen the color of love

And all the peoples flowin'

Like a river and emptyin' into one

Colorless, raceless, and tribeless ocean.

I have seen the wind rushin' in

The seasons of change, of transformin'

Essences pouring into character reformin'.

I have seen the Promised Land

And the parting of River Jordan

That's why I'm not fearing any man.


Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!