Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Seed


For former Liberian child soldiers-seed of a new nation.



Time flies like a puff of breath
Within a hurricane funnel.
And drama like a painter gives it depth-
shades of meaning. It’s the hardest it get.
But my seed shall be mighty on the earth.
I advance at every instance of a threat
To multiply cause my providence is set.
Scavengers couldn’t filch my wealth,
It’s the span of the Aegean inlet
They couldn’t afford the dragnet.
Life’s a bet
And its demands are scarcely met.
My perspective’s kosher than a roulette
I am of the line, not of Adam but of Seth
And the velocity of my prophecy’s a comet.
It will not lie nor be annihilated by death.
I perceive in every obstacle an outlet
And my mission attracts contempt like a magnet.
At the second I reach my death
There’ll be no solitary rational motive for regret
Cause my faith will guide my every step
Until I strap on triumph like a vest.
And when I chance that berth
Where death is silent
I will taste victory in every release of breath.
I visualize my surfacing in a cleft
As a consequence, I am never bereft.
I multiply like a national debt
And soon nations will seek me like a debt instrument.
No one is obliged to understand my quest
Nor are they duty-bound to invest
Cause I passed the test
To be pedestalled as the greatest.
My story will be an historical epithet,
A lesson on how to survive neglect
And maintain your r-e-s-p-e-c-t!



Akpan



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!