Friday, April 6, 2012

I Am



I am the prince of Egypt
And this is the slaying of the Egyptian.
I am Mahatma Ghandi
And this is the revolution of the Indians.
I dare ask for more.
Standing tall with the clouds in my hair.
I am Sizwe Bansi
This is King Williams Towm.
And this The Great Sky Woman;
Visualize this Pilgrim’ Progress.
And this here’s my 5th Symphony.
I am Nostradamus
And this is tomorrow.

I am MLK
With big dreams to never stop being free.
I am Homer
And this is the Iliad;
This is the unconditionally free South Africa!
I am MJ
I am off the wall.
I am Jane Taylor
Twinkle, twinkle I’m a star!
I am John Milton
No sweat. This is Paradise Regained.
I am Christopher Columbus
This is the New World.
I am Maya Angelo
And Still I Rise
I am a firefly
And this is the darkest of night.
I am Miriam Makeba
And this is Aluta Continua.

I am 2pac,
I was born not to make it but I did!
I am William Wordsworth
And this child is father of the man.
I am Gulliver
And this is Lilliput.
I am Charles Dickens
And this is the story of Copperfield.
I am Achebe;
I thrive as Things Fall Apart.
I am Luther Vandross
Stealing one final dance with my father.
I am the Trojan horse
Within is an arsenal to capture a fortified city.
I am Abe Lincoln
And this is the Proclamation of Emancipation.
I am Mungo Park
This is the stretch of the Niger.
I am the Magi
And this is the cradle in a manger.

I am Hamlet:
To be or not to be?
I am the Shepherd boy;
Give me five smooth rocks and I’ll slay a giant.
I am Arthur
And this is Excalibur.
I am Wole Soyinka
I am the pride of the Jewel.
I am Tananarive Due
And this is My Soul to Keep.
I am Negro;
The whole world is African soil.
I am Napoleon Bonaparte
I came, I saw, I conquered.
I am Tupac Amaru Shakur;
Sheez, it’s just Me Against the World.
I am Terry McMillan
This is how I got my groove back.
I am Stephen King:
And this is The Stand.



Akpan

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!