Saturday, April 21, 2012

Creed


For Barca FC. Champions for Life!
Don't mess with Messi.

No!
With the O as round as the O of Soweto.
I’m calling it quits with point zero,
Next port of call’s numero uno.
I’m taking a shot at the ace:
Remember this face!

As the ship of karma set sail
For strange shores,
I run my race
Like an athlete fighting strong.
A race to paste details of my name,
And come to it with a measure of pomp,
On history’s immortal page.

In these last days,
One of the last ones believing,
It’s tough to keep breathing,
Scars off the battle ground still bleeding.
But there ain’t no stopping me;
I’m so done retreating n’ hate-breeding.

I’m staying strong
In the outbreak of war.
And it won’t be long
Before the dawn will respond.
Strung on the highway of immortality,
I have turned my heart on a soul odyssey;
An inquest into the makings of me.

I am naturally endowed,
The things that speak for me are sound.
I dance with wolves;
I battle werewolves.
I am one that defines a million
Steadily straddling the lines of criterion.

Verve, with me, has never been an issue
I’m more fascinated with the crisis in Mogadishu.
In the beginning, there was me
Somewhere along the lines
Came the expression of myself from within,
And last, there will be I
After all is said and done.
Still keeping it real,
Hot like a C4
Because I believe.

I believe ain’t a road without obstacles
And those trip you up so high into a spectacle;
Little ordinary miracles
That fork out from dark regions like tentacles.
Fetch the right attitude and snap! tentacles
Morph into broken manacles.

The moments have arrived
To ride in the light
Thro’ the pathway of imagining
And snag the swag.
Ain’t no stopping me,
Let it flow pull the gag.

Instinct is strong
And my juice vibes like a pump.
I can feel the surge
Of adrenalin like a slug
To the lung.

I navigate faith like a pen-
I’m writing the epic of a titan
Incarcerated in a den.
And still reclining in a rocking rattan
Cause, I couldn’t care less if trapped in a glen.

I found the greatest glory in living:
The deal ain’t hinged on not falling
But, getting your butt back up off the flooring.
Because I’ve been to the mountaintop,
I’ve surveyed the universe from a vital spot,
Yea, I know that I can take it
In the company of love, faith and expectancy,
Because I believe.



Akpan



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!