Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day 3: Desire


Write me down
Like an ethereal sound
Strike the chords of my affection
With the delicateness in a grandmaster’s thumb.
Cause I will yet be music
To 10,000 ears
The sound of my voice poetry
That will usher up a pool of tears
In the eyes of all who absorb it.
An item of rejoicing to them that will receive.
And this rhythm will never change
But it will spark a flame
That, in its turn, will ignite a revolution.

Pick me up
Like a soulful song
Hum my exhales like a melody
Cause, you see, this life will be the earth’s harmony.
Inhale me then
Like your soul-force oxygen
Covet me like redemption’s own pathogen
Come, blow the horns of peace
Chant the symphony of bliss
And come traverse the realm of poetics
With I, your sweet release.

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!