Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 10: Parody



Like when dawn invades
The restful privacy of the night
Shattering in one wistful spate
The unrelenting wait for morning time,
Reality, naked and unbridled, busts upon my horizon.
Flooding the unhinged windows of my mind
It dons a rare variety of horrific brightness.
I can see clearly now
As the storm clouds recede and unveil instructive whiteness.
What I apprehend runs my heart aground.
Deceit and his likeness,
Hypocrisy and his offspring;
Life is from a page off the book of hurtful comedy.
It’s amazing how we have concealed it.
The brashness of irresponsibility sickens me.
This life I lead
Is conceived of frustration.
What more could one expect
After you experienced such devastation?
It’s difficult to not detect
That the genius which ought to redeem us
Has by its calculated application proven ruinous.

Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!