Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 24: Grind

Courtesy: Diggie Vitt (modified)

Riding on the track
Like I don’t give a care in the world.
Situation sieved me like wheat but left no crack.
Guess I was harder than 'em after all.
The world on a silver platter,
Royal robes on my shoulder;
I am Destiny’s Chief,
Immune to dilemma's mischief.
Tomorrow may come over and over again,
It may pass away faster than it can be replayed.
But I’m staying on my grind.
My prophecy is clear even to the blind.
I will not be ashamed,
Even if the ballgame should change.
Nothing stays the same.
Love is the essence of pain,
Disappointments abide
And will thrive still
Like dramatic weed in a man’s psyche.
It’s difficult to breathe
Still an individual got to exist
In this heated criminal oasis.
Ama keep staying on the grind
And be as consistent as the sunrise.
There’s no vacancy for compromising
Cause I’m all over the cake like the icing.

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!