Friday, October 14, 2016

Not Happy 2 Fake It

Anjelina Lohalith
Courtesy: @Refugees

This is the seventh in a poetry series created from lyrics of musical classics.
The piece you are about to read begins with the seventh line of the song “Easy” by Lionel Richie.

I’m not happy when I try to fake it
In fact I’m sad when I try to fake it
What’s the point if I’ll just break it
Best of time’s when I have to take it
On my own terms is how I’ll make it
I’m doing fine and you can’t shake it
I’m off the charts n’ you can’t rate it
So please let me be or I will regret it
Eat my cake n have it cause I bake it
Opposition crumbles cause I flake it
Unleash the dragon but don’t wake it
I’m not happy when I try to fake it

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!