Thursday, October 13, 2016

Leaving You

Courtesy: UNHCR/Achilleas Zavallis

This is the second in a series of poetry created from lyrics of musical classics.
The piece you are about to read begins with the second line of the song
“Easy” by Lionel Richie.

Girl, I’m leaving you tomorrow.
Give your best kiss to mama tell her I said so
It’s cold out there on the routes I’ll plow
But I aint much good to you if I hung around
Think of me as your own human anchor;
That person you let go when you need him most.
I may never find my way back home again
I don’t even have a roadmap for the journey I make,
I make no promises I only hope you’ll understand
Someday when you ripen into a full-blown woman
I’m sorry baby but there’s something you must know;
Girl, I’m leaving you tomorrow.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!