Thursday, October 13, 2016

By the Lapels


Popole Misenga
Courtesy: @Refugees
This is the fourth in a poetry series created from lyrics of musical classics.
The piece you are about to read begins with the fourth line of the song
 “Easy” by Lionel Richie.

You see, I begged, stole and I borrowed
I got my priorities and focus zeroed ‘n.
Perched on the lip of a 10,000 foot drop
Every muscle and hair in my follicle’s worked up
I’m worked out but I’m still taking this fight to the limits.
Aint asking many questions just backed up by one reason;
I’m still breathing fire from residuum of cold clinkers.
If I lost everything, I gave it up to pull things back together.
Water breaks on my brow, salt hits my eyes produces tears
But you won’t see me coming cause I’m mo than these years.
Measure of my fears don’t amount to the aim of my goal
You see, I begged, stole and I borrowed.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!