Thursday, October 13, 2016

Chains on Me

Courtesy: Twitter

This is the fifth in a poetry series created from lyrics of musical classics.
The piece you are about to read begins with the fifth line of the song

 “Easy” by Lionel Richie.

Why in the world, would anybody put chains on me?
I’m not cut to the size of your fancy or built to please
I’m not molded by the consent of popular opinion,
I’m a superordinary me living in a superordinary union
With the myself in constant control of my next move.
I want to taste sweet freedom and wholesome creativity
Climb up to the next level sure I have nothing to prove
To anyone, it’s just me doing my thing captain of my ship.
I love to see my life as a city with a moat set about its walls
A fortress guarded by resolve and ramparts of resolution.
Let me be and soon you will see what this man can achieve
Why in the world, would anybody put chains on me?

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!