Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Alabaster

I am not ashamed

To give You my shame

Just the way I am

And I know I'm trash

I pour out my soul,

Like oil I watch it flow

Down Your sacred instep

And cascade between the cleft

Of Your toes, there let me rest

As upon Your gentle breast

I am all I could be

Deadbeat, burdened with sin

I tasted the fullness of folly

I live at the peak of vanity

I am who I made me

Perfected in duplicity

Mere corrupt flesh

Blinded by materiality

Prodigal trapped in a mesh

Yet You bid me come

Sinful as I was

Robbed in the shame

That held me bound in chains,

Your whispers tenderly

In my ear, 'Your sins

Are forgiven thee'

And my chains break

And tumble down like flakes

Let my tears be a river

Where you wash Your feet

Restore me, Redeemer

You are my Peace.


Akpan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!