Friday, August 27, 2021

Farewell To Sorrows



Just before I take the Crown of Life

I'll take one long look, one last time

At this cruel world I left behind

And wearing the most glorious of smiles,

Cause I'm free at last from corrupt ties,

I'll wave one last joyful goodbye

And enter the Land of Eternal Life

With a resounding triumphant cry.


Refrain:

Farewell to sorrows

And a million uncertain tomorrows

Farewell to all the good times

That never lasted a lifetime

Farewell memories that hurt like blows

And sad songs that put tears in my eyes

It's goodbye, farewell to sorrows

Victory at last, I'm finally home.


Say I'm gon' strap my joy on

Get on my endless jubilation

Shout my praise till my throat is sore

Every disappointment no more

I'm gon' dance standing on my toe

Up there where the streets are made of gold

Farewell to fear of the unknown

Jesus and I, I'm nevermore alone.


Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!