Monday, March 29, 2021

Be A King

Sunday March 28th, was Ms. Bernice A. King's
(MLK's youngest child) 58th Birthday πŸŽ‰.
This verse is a tribute
.
Photo Courtesy: @BerniceKing (Twitter) 

I want to Be A King πŸ‘‘

Who showers love like blingy bling

I'm goin' to flaunt my dream like a diamond ring πŸ’

And raise my voice till Freedom's bells dingπŸ””

I wanna be the force that bring

Relief to the weak urging 'em to cling.

I want to Be A King πŸ‘‘

That makes justice swing

Low on the eternal string

Raise a song my people, with one voice, fling

Up to rain down a soulful spring.

I want to make hate cringe 😬

Like Covid against the syringe πŸ’‰

When it feels me on the fringe

Of manifesting a joy binge.

I wanna be the action that takes the sting 🐍

Off racism till it rots and stinks,

Bust a word from my sling

Nail it before it slinks.

And since it's my birthday πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‚

Why don't I wing't?

Pour out some juice n' celebrate πŸ₯‚

Like a chip off a real King. πŸ‘‘


Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!