Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Dream 22222

Millions of Myanmans fighting for their democracy.
Who ever could have thought military coups would
still be a thing in the 21st century?
Courtesy: Twitter

The dreams I dream

Are but stuff of dreams

Spread on thick

Like cream on salad,

Like mayo on burger

Already dripping with butter.

I mean why even bother?

My dream's reality on the Big Screen,

Such illusions that make you wanna scream.

This dream I dream

Don't need no script:

Here there be tygers

And spiders that breed monsters.

My dream is a gallery

Displaying the crippling of a people's will

And the shitty rise of the military.

Ridiculous thesis involving hearses

That's how unscrupulous earth is. 

My dream is of home,

Guns n' roses and buried hope. 

My dreams are grim,

My lungs' filled to the brim. 

My dream of creatures without a soul,

Brandishing skulls and crossbones,

Punctuating political polls.

The dreams I dream

Are but the stuff of dreams.


Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!