Monday, April 29, 2019

Day 28: Unrhymed




Can I have a word with you?
Come away with me
And sit on this pampas grass.
Let us palaver
Just the two of us
Mi corazón.
We could talk the night away,
Until the constellations fall out.
We could build castles in the sky.
Or I could gift you the moon
In full bloom crowned with the stars.
Let's play the games we used
To play when we was children,
When innocence held its appeal
And we laughed and squealed
Without a single care in the world.
I want to look into your eyes
And forget about the worries
Of a universe gone to hell
In a hand basket.
I want to strum your heart strings
And let your words massage
My broken tones to buy back
The lost years and redeem
The children's laughter like prey
Snatched from the jaws of a bear.
But would we ever hear the
Simple sounds of child-like amusement,
Or recognize its cadence if it carries
Shouted from the mountaintop?

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!