Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Day 16: I'll Stand



It's my Birthday today! 🎂

This one's for all the kidnapped girls.
In all our hearts, you shine like pearls.



You drag me thro mud
But I stand tall.
You whip me with steel chords
But I'm straight ball'n.
You feed me with turd
So you'll hear me bawl.
And take me for a broad
But I won't stall.

But I'll stand
Tho you think I'll fall apart.
I'll stand
If only to prove I can.
I'll lift up my head
And wheel with the stars.
When you take me for dead,
I'll stand.

Just when you think I'm undone
I'll break my fall.
My faith's a loose cannon
Ama wreckin' ball.
You defile me for fun
But I recall.
You think the war's won
But I'm playin' y'all.

You think I'm gone n' out
But I press on.
You think you'll run me down?
So bring it on.
Who you think run things clown?
Got my groove on.
My cries are victory shouts
And I'm game on.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!