Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 30: Kensinsi

"Kensinsi" (pronounced /ken sin see/) in Ibibio/Efik (a Nigerian dialect)
translates "forever."
By the way, that's not yours truly in the image above. It's Dad and Mom
who my brothers and I fondly call "Sir & Mma." 1st of July marks 20 years
of Sir's passing. I thought I'd start off celebrating his life early this year.

Kensinsi
You are a never-ending story,
You bought my respect thru the dreams you made real.

Kensinsi
I dedicate my life to illustrate the lil things
You set in motion which turned a simple life extraordinary.

Kensinsi
You are my hero, my shero; you taught me to believe
So I can stare failure between the eyes and still find reprieve

And it's always been that way with you
And me as a kid running around without a clue;
You are the reason I always managed to pull thru.
It will take kensinsi to show I appreciate you.

That's why I owe you,
Kensinsi
Ain't nobody gon' take the place reserved for you, kensinsi;
In my heart I raised two thrones and crowned you King and Queen.
It's all about you can't you see?
With me and you it's kensinsi.

I love you kensinsi nsinsi. (Forever and ever)

Akpan



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!