Thursday, April 16, 2015

200

For the 200+ kidnapped Chibok girls.
And it's my birthday, today!

I ain't in a grave. I don't die.
And I know that what I know about myself eats you up inside.
It's simple logic yet, you can't visualize why I multiply
Beyond the grave. My balls is thicker than my waistline
And the last article of me you erase is this light of mine.

I ain't in the grave. I don't die.
Cause I know there's a spot in this universe only I can fill.
Purpose by design feeds my yenning for home.
My faith is so firm the fear of death don't frighten me.
And can't no incendiary bomb penetrate the walls of my hope.

I ain't in that grave. I don't die.
Everyday I rise above the drama you keep bringing;
Every pain I overcome boosts me up to brave the bleeding;
Every sunrise witnessed is good reason to keep breathing;
Every sunset I survive invites me to keep believing.

I ain't in no grave. I don't die.
Tell Mama, the grave cannot hold down your daughter's life,
Tell Papa, I still believe that one day, ama touch the sky,
Tell Nigeria, this lil’ light still got one more shine,
Tell the world, it's my metamorphosis, ama bust out a sweet butterfly.

But above all, tell everybody: Don't give up the fight;
I multiply beyond the grave. I don't die.

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!