Monday, April 6, 2015

Day 4: Memories of Me



For Maya

I wait not on what man can give
I don't spare a care anyway.
Cause what a man can give
A man can take away.
And I shall not be relieved
Of the gift I received.
On my two feet I will stand above the elements of defeat
And conquer a cavalry of conceit.
But in the meantime,
I will not be
Subjected to limits.
And until my glory is complete
My valiant struggle will be replete
And my prophecy will not deplete.
Thus I will thrive like a seed
Planted by seven streams.
My tide will neither ebb nor recede
But multiply like a reed.
Soon all eyes will read
The memories of me
And covet my solitary dream.
Cause I will exceed
Every expectation before me
And ravel a mystery existing
Before the foundations of the world came to be.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!