Friday, December 23, 2011

Card #6: Wild Card ft. Joe

Joe

Do you remember me?
I sat upon your knees,
I wrote to you with childhood fantasies.
                             Joe,
                             Grown Up Christmas List

Childhood is like music heard in a dream;
Curtailed air played upon a single-reed woodwind.
But the Daylight chucks
The night perfumes of childhood
Like lawn furniture after a windstorm.

Here I stand, looking out on Memory.
He trundles in, old Reality in his wake and in full bloom.
Like nosy senile neighbors I wish would die soon
‘Cause nothing’s as tragicomic as a Christmas morning
You wake up to, to find you ain't the kid you used to be.

No more Christmas eve performance before a congregation;
Too big for the knees of Santa Claus.
Ha! Ha! What Santa Claus?
Your mental repertoire’s been rearranged by adult education.

This Christmas, if I could have one wish;
One moment to lust wistfully,
I’d ask one minute in the sneakers of the child I used to be.


Eneh


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!