Sunday, December 18, 2011

Card #1: Variety ft. Nat King Cole


Nat King Cole


Although it's been said many times
Many ways, Merry Christmas to you
                             Nat King Cole,
                             The Christmas Song



If there was another way of saying Merry Christmas,
What would it be?
What feel would the phrase kick up?

A million and one times
I have pushed for something appropriate;
A word, a phrase.
Trying for variety, if you please.

If that strikes you as nuts, I won’t argue.
But I only want to shoot my message with creative force,
Mail it in over the transom.

I’m heavy with inspiration
Which don’t seem well acquainted with dialect.
Words make me inept.
I’m like storm cloud that’s forgotten how to turn its tummy.

Isn’t there someone who feels likewise?
Someone who knows the words or gestures that’s just right?
And while I’ll Google and Google, and for variety Google one more time,
Here’s a blast from the past that’s a golden gas:

Merry Christmas.


Eneh



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!