Saturday, June 8, 2019

Rather



I’d rather have simple human dignity,
Than so much pretentious prosperity
I’d rather take death over dishonor
And a multi-billion dollar net worth.
I’d rather be weak and human
And live from my heart to my hand
Than be rich and superhuman
And make zombies of my fellowman.
I do not have the heart
To stab myself in the back
Nor would I play the part
Of a self-destructive Judas.
I keep a simple creed;
I will not feed on greed.
I’d rather have my dignity.
I’d rather have my presence of mind,
Than be the owner of a goldmine.
I’d rather construct a real life
Than color one with shades of lies.
I’d rather be somebody
Than be bought with snot money.
I’d rather have human dignity
Than the hypocrisy of riches.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!