Friday, June 7, 2019

Rime of The Block


I'm a character with a unique talent,
I'm a scrivener of a special kind.
I script every writer's torment
On the tablet of their confused mind.

I stifle the musings of the muse;
I dehydrate the juice of its issues
I throw a wrench in the wheel
Mess up inspiration's reverie.

I wipe the walls of memory clean
Throw sand in the eye of creativity
I type trash on their laptop screen
Bleed bilge the length of their sheets.

I have a way with words they don't
I wring them out till cadence is lost.
I send them away on literary vacation
Yet prey on them with a restless condition.

I am the silence of the muse,
I am the pent-up flow of the juice,
I am the blank page on their manuscript,
The fixed cursor on their computer screen.

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!