Friday, July 3, 2015

Sir

Sir (The name I called my father) was translated to glory
on July 1st, 1995. This poem is dedicated to him.

Sir, you…

Never said to stir up trouble;
Never said to walk away from a good fight;
Never said I wouldn’t take a tumble;
Never said change won’t rain in the nighttime.

But above all the things you said
As well as a million others left unsaid
(And it’s the greatest of all thrills),
Is that I’ll never forget how you made me feel.

Never said any worthwhile cause comes easy;
Never said it will be fine if I didn’t give it a try;
Never said to welsh on my dreams;
Never said to take my eyes off the prize.

Never said I’ll be writing this with tearful eyes;
Never said you’d be gone before this sun would rise;
Never said to see you smile again I’d go back in time;
Never said you won’t be there when I… when I…

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!