Monday, January 3, 2022

#4: Conscious Syllables

Poem number 4 in my quest for 1000 poems
in 365 days. I tagged it, #1KP22. That's 1,000
poems ín 2022.

Spitting words
That leap off the page
In the wake of bombs
Verbs that raise the stakes
Legible, audible
Shrapnels of syllables
That erase the disease
Just when it thinks peace
In a time when plowshares
Are hammered into spears
My words will be there
Every iota
Down to the omega
Shaping lilts of the musical
With the functions of a miracle
Words
That topple wars
As snug as a slug
In the lungs of warlords
These are the words
That spoke the worlds
With concrete foundations
Into concrete manifestation
These words
Will defuse A-Bombs
I am a man of peace
And when I speak
My words declare war
On the enemies of peace
When I spit phrases
Things are no longer at ease
My words
Are mighty rushing winds
That create the miraculous
These words
Are weapons forged
Against cohorts of darkness
I'm spitting words
That have power to transform
Ain't no dime n' nickel words
My words
Move the world.

Akpan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!