Friday, June 4, 2021

Nyiragongo

Help The Displaced In DRC


Rock me

'Til I plead no mo

Rock me

Like Vulcan's forge

Burning my spot

Razing farms of my Cuz.

Swing low, sweep me up

In your tender arms

Of this time love

Rock me in Goma,

Rock me with gentle hands

With selfless forever words

That give succor

To shriveled hope.

Rock me like Nyiragongo volcano

Triggering a thousand earthquakes

That in its turn wakes

A mighty moving mountain

Composed of healing hearts,

Of tiny twinkling sparks

That circle, like sharks

Around the scent of blood,

To attack my countless lacks

And mediate a swift resolve.

Rock me 'til I moan

With unspeakable joy

Let the soothing tremor

Massage sore joints.

Rock this boat,

Take a pin to this bloat

Of infection down in my soul

Just hold out and console

Donate to renew lost hope

Com'on lend a lil' rope

To a drowning man

Rock me will ya?

And say thank ya.


Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!