Thursday, April 7, 2016

Day 7: Still Breathing

Seven years ago I debut on the internet.
This one's specially for the confused young man
who threw in his all.

I have lived on a razor edge all my life,
But I’ve had my senses filed like a soldier’s knife.
It’s not been easy, not exactly what you’d call
A fairytale setting but I’ve had some good fun.
I’m still healing from the pain, still dealing with aches,
The memories still fill me with rage, a rip in my days.

I’m feeling the scars and there’s still some sore spot
But these are just keepsakes from the battles I’ve won.
I’m growing in the same space I picked myself back up
I’m not just surviving I’m thriving straight for the top.
I’m into this feeling so deep I could do it for a living
And it all comes down to one thing; I’m still breathing.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!